We, the native people gathered by native journey, desire to reach out to everyone in the world, open our minds, our hearts and our homes to anyone that wishes to visit us and learn from us in a respectful and reciprocal way. We seek to receive visitors in the way we believe they should be received, treating them to our best ways, offering our best foods, accommodations, and offering them the opportunity to transform their body, mind and spirit.
We want to remind our visitors about how we perceive the reality of the world today. We believe the world has been taken over a dark energy that has created spiritual, cultural, political, social, and economic institutions that are guiding humanity to a path of destruction and death. We understand everyone is involuntarily part, to a certain extent, of this project. We natives have a different project for humanity, but we have been invaded and continue to be invaded, and still suffer many forms of discrimination, racism and the denial of our wisdom and science.
We understand that you, the visitor, as well as us to a lesser extent, live in a system where we are forced to participate in the project of destruction of the earth and of cultural diversity. We ask you to be ready to free your mind from what may be destructive attitudes that inevitably are adopted while living in modern cities. We invite you to open your mind and your heart to understand there is another way of living, of thinking and of being.
We must veil for our cultural and spiritual integrity as people, so through Native Journey we want to make sure that our visitors are aware, prepared and open to perceive a different way of life. You are the visitor, and it must be you that is seeking to learn from us. To make sure that our families are happy with your visit, we ask you to follow the following code of conduct:
- Understand we are equals. Our cultures may be different, but we have the same human rights
- Respect our people and all living things. Absolutely everyone deserves the same respect.
- Accept everything we offer you, we offer you our best. Denying anything offered is a big offence.
- Respect our ways. We have different reasoning for everything we do.
- Respect the situation. We ask you to have a positive attitude and be helpful.
- Do what we do. Do everything we ask you to, you’re the one visiting our world.
- Leave your best. We give the best we have, and we expect you to do the same.
- Respect our soul. To many of us, taking a picture is taking a piece of our souls. If you ask nicely, we may want to give it, or exchange it for something, but don’t ever take it without asking.